The ANOC Awards 2015 took place on 29 November 2015 in Washington, D.C. at the historic DAR Constitution Hall. It was the second time the awards ceremony had been held after it was established by the ANOC President in 2014 to recognise and celebrate the outstanding achievements of NOCs and their athletes.
Click here to see all pictures of the event
The ANOC Awards 2015 focused on the exceptional performances of athletes from each of the five Continental Games which took place between 2014 and 2015. The winners of the best male and best female athletes at each of the Continental Games were selected by the ANOC Jury from a shortlist chosen by the Continental Athletes’ Commissions. Some of the world’s best known Olympians were also on hand to present the ANOC Awards and ensure that the evening was a night for the athletes by the athletes. Three additional ANOC Awards were also presented to individuals for their outstanding performances, achievements and contributions.
The deserving winners of an ANOC Award for each of the Continental Games were:
- Best Male Athlete of the African Games 2015: Franck Elemba (Athletics), from Comité National Olympique et Sportif Congolais
- Best Female Athlete of the African Games 2015: Marie-Josée Ta Lou (Athletics), from the Comité National Olympique de Côte d'Ivoire
- Best Male Athlete of the Pan American Games 2015: Thiago Pereira (Swimming), from the Comitê Olímpico Brasileiro
- Best Female Athlete of the Pan American Games 2015: Kim Rhode (Shooting), from the United States Olympic Committee
- Best Male Athlete of the Asian Games 2014: Femi Seun Oguonde (Athletics), from the Qatar Olympic Committee
- Best Female Athlete of the Asian Games 2014: Yao Jinnan (Gymnastics), from the Chinese Olympic Committee
- Best Male Athlete of the European Games 2015: Togrul Asgarov (Wrestling), from the National Olympic Committee of the Azerbaijani Republic
- Best Female Athlete of the European Games 2015: Katie Taylor (Boxing), from the Olympic Council of Ireland
- Best Male Athlete of the Pacific Games 2015: Ryan Pini (Swimming), from the Papua New Guinea Olympic Committee Inc
- Best Female Athlete of the Pacific Games 2015: Jennifer Chieng (Boxing) Federated States of Micronesia National Olympic Committee
The following Individual awards were also presented:
- ANOC Award for Outstanding Performance: Bob Beamon (USA)
- ANOC Award for Outstanding Lifetime Achievement: Francesco Ricci Bitti (Italy)
- ANOC Award for Contribution to the Olympic Movement: IOC President Thomas Bach (Germany)
The ceremony was a great success and a spectacular celebration of sport, unity and diversity.